ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management Systems Certification
ISO/IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems Certification
ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management Systems standard ensures organizations keep information assets secure, by building an information infrastructure against the risks of loss, damage or any other threat to your assets.
Companies that obtain ISO/IEC 27001 certification validate that the security of financial information, intellectual property, employee details, or information entrusted from third parties is being successfully managed and continually improved according to best practice approaches and framework.
Benefits of ISO/IEC 27001 certification to your organization:
- Provides senior management with an efficient management process
- Provides you with a competitive advantage
- Reduces costs due to incident and threat minimization
- Demonstrated compliance with customer, regulatory and/or other requirements
- Sets out areas of responsibility across the organization
- Communicates a positive message to staff, customers, suppliers and stakeholders
- Integration between business operations and information security
- Alignment of information security with the organization’s objectives
- Puts forward true value through enhancement of marketing opportunities
Benefits of ISO/IEC 27001 certification to your customers:
- Keeps intellectual property and valuable information secure
- Provides customers and stakeholders with confidence in how you manage risk
- Secures exchange of information
- Ensures you are meeting your legal obligations
- Manages and minimizes risk exposure
- Cost savings for rework, damages and waste
ISO/IEC 27001 certification (also known as “registration”) is a third-party audit performed by a certification body such as PECB MS who, upon verification that an organization is in compliance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001, will issue an ISO/IEC 27001 certificate. This certification is then maintained through regularly scheduled annual surveillance audits by the registrar, with re-certification of the Information Security performed on a tri-annual basis.