1. Apply – The Privacy by Design Certification process begins when your organization submits a Privacy by Design application which can be sent by request.
2. Assess – Assessment services will be carried out under a separate agreement where the product(s), the service(s) and/or the process(es) being certified will be assessed. A report will be issued based on the assessment methodology developed exclusively for the Privacy Certified Certification.
3. Certify – After examining the assessment report, we will issue a decision as to whether the certification will be granted. The certified organization will get the certificate and will be listed on our website.
4. Surveillance – Certifications are valid for a three-year period, but must be renewed annually. We will remind you in advance with all the details on how to keep your certification up-to-date.
5. Annual Self-Declaration – An important part of renewing your certification is the annual self-declaration form in which your organization attests if there has been any change which would affect your certification.
6. Renew – If PECB MS is satisfied with the annual self-declaration form, and upon the payment of the renewal fee, your Privacy by Design Certification is renewed for another year.
Once you receive the certification, you can display it on your website and/or product or offering, and share your assessment results and certification with your business partners.